Friday, March 25, 2011

Anybody have the classifieds section?

On my weekly trip to the Stop n’ Shop to get soup supplies, I noticed something a little shady going down. I was walking out with my groceries when a couple of men in translucent pantyhose masks casually walked in, picked up the ATM, and walked out. The cashier started to protest, but I think he decided that it wasn’t worth it. Nobody uses that machine anyways.

This was the first week that I realized what quitting my job really meant. No money. Maybe I should have gotten in on the ATM robbery. I’ve got a fair amount of savings left, but I’m going to need to stop buying a new box of wine every week. I love volunteering at the soup kitchen, but I’m going to need to find a paying job within the next few weeks if I want to keep eating. I wonder what I could do?

Let’s see....

Real-estate? No. Nobody wants to move here.
Waitress? I’m too clumsy. I’d drop plates all over everywhere. I would definitely get fired.
Stripper? Ha.
Cop? Not here. Those cops didn’t even notice the masked thieves loading an ATM into their parking lot.
Cashier at the food vendor place? Nah. I saw Alice Taylor over there doing coke with Pastor Dan and some crazy guy that kept saying he was winning. That’s not my thing.
Desk clerk? Maybe. I’ll think on it.

I thought about scrapping a job completely and going on the road with my clown, but I had to break up with him. I don’t think I can handle all the travel. And I caught him messing around with a hot female fire-breather. Yeah... it was mostly the fire-breather thing.

I’ll need to keep thinking about a job. If anybody has any offers, I’m glad to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment